torsdag den 22. oktober 2009

Janet Jackson, goodnight and stuff.

I really do pity Janet Jackson. She is definitely a very worldknown and talented star, but almost everytime I watch an interview with her she's being asked about her brother Michael, and every time she's being asked about that you can see that she's getting a little tense. And I really understand it, it must be very annoying. She grew up in a superstar family, and I think it was hard for her to get the spotlight, and being known for more than Michael Jackson's little sister. I'm in love with her Control album, from 1986, and with album she really had her breakthrough into the music industry, but if you watch interviews with her from the late 80s even though she had a very successful album, the interviewer always ask her about, "you still feel that you're being compared to your brother" or "what's Michael doing now? Is he working? Is he going on tour" or "you dances just like your brother."
I think the Grammy's 93 where Janet presented Michael an award and he said in his speech, "I hope this put rest another rumor that has been in the press for too long time, Janet and I are really two different people" and when MJ did the Oprah interview, where he liked talked all about the rumors, plastic surgery and all that, and Janet got to talk more about her.
Put then I watched an Oprah interview with Janet from 1997, and Oprah constantly wanted to talk about Michael, Janet truly seemed uncomfortable.
I can understand that the other members of the Jackson family is being asked about MJ, because the other members aren't really stars, they was in the 70's but thats such a long time ago.
I love Janet, she's my alltime favorite female performer, dancer, singer and entertainer, she have had some scandals and hard times in her career, especially at the Superbowl performance from 2004, and a lot of parents simply forbid their kids to have Janet as an idol, because she accidental showed her brest, and it was pierced so you couldn't see the nipple.
Even though I must admit that Janet's work here from the 2000's isn't impressing me as much as her old work from the 90s and 80s. I love Rhythm Nation and I own Control, Janet, Design Of A Decade and Rhythm Nation and I've bough the Feedback single on itunes. Feedback has really been her big hit from the "Discipline" album.
I won't blog more about Janet, she's the greatest, but I spend the night alone, my parents went to some concert, so I've just been sitting in front of the computer, it isn't healthy, because I don't want to be thick :D I love fitness, healthy food, motion, running, badminton and other sports.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar